- Layer up with cardigans and blazers with sleeveless tops. Choose loose fitting clothes with minimal wrinkling. Dresses, skater skirts and cropped pants are great options.
- Wear white or other light colors in natural fibers like cotton, jersey and ponte knit (one of my favorites, it doesn't wrinkle and stretches with you).
- Wear open shoes that breathe - like sandals, wedges, open toe and sling backs.
- Limit heavy accessories like scarves, statement necklaces and chunky bracelets. Too many of those bulky accessories adds to the heat.
- Consider wearing your hair in an updo - a sleek low ponytail or a high bun. Having your hair off your neck feels cooler and you don't have to fight the friz or flat hair that the humidity causes.
- Lighten up on the make-up. Hopefully you have some of that natural summer glow working so you shouldn't need heavy make-up and you don't have to worry about it running down your face if you break out in a little sweat walking in the heat. I love tinted moisturizers, water proof mascara and lip gloss this time of year.
- Sport some cool shades! Sunglasses are a must this time of year to keep the sun out of your eyes to prevent squinting (future wrinkles) and headaches.
- Carry a water bottle and stay hydrated. I carry a water bottle with me around campus and in my car.
How do you stay chic in the heat??