Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Welcome to young, polished and professional!


Welcome to the Young, Polished & Professional blog where I will be sharing career advice for Virginia Tech students and other young professionals, as well as writing about personal and professional development topics and other things that inspire me.  Here you will get a less formal and more personal conversation about all your career thoughts and questions.  You will also get to know a little more about me and the things I love.  So, don't be surprised if we also talk fashion, food, decorating, music and the beach!  I also love inspiring quotes, which I feel sure I will share with you often.

I've been teaching, advising, and developing college students for the past 15 years.  Most of my time has been spent in career advising and professional development, as well as teaching and presenting on a variety of career topics.  If I had to pick areas of specialization they would probably be self-assessment and personal development, career exploration, and resume and interview preparation.  Honestly, I've probably seen or heard almost anything a college student can throw at me!  I survived the quarter-life crisis and my years as a young professional and lived to tell about it.  I will share many stories and warnings about life in the working world.  Send me your questions and comments and I will try my best to point you in the right direction.

I also need to thank my talented, creative and hard-working intern, Christina Sullivan (COMM, Virginia Tech, 2013), who provided me with much needed help and inspiration to get this blog launched.  She is AMAZING!!!  I am so grateful for all her hard work.

So, tune in and join the fun...


casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall