Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies

1.  My all-time favorite Christmas movie is It's a Wonderful Life.  It is also one of my all-time favorite movies in general.  I cry EVERY year when I watch this movie.  It brings back memories of my wonderful childhood and Christmas time with my family at our house.  But mostly I love the message.  Money and status don't make you successful, being a good person and helping others will provide you with all the riches you need.  We never really know all the people's lives we impact.  "No man is a failure who has friends", is written in the Tom Sawyer book at the end of the movie.  And then Harry says it best:  "To my big brother George, the richest man in town!".  I LOVE IT!!!

2.  My next favorite movie is A Christmas Story.  I remember watching this movie for the first time at my friend Stacy's house in middle school.  I brought it home for my parents to watch and I thought my dad was going to literally die from laughing.  And that was the beginning of our family's love affair with this movie.  He laughed just as hard the 100th time he watched that movie as he did the very first time.  See, my dad was just about the same age as Ralphie's little brother Randy in 1940 when the movie is set.  It was a hilarious reminder of my dad's own childhood. 

3.  Miracle on 34th Street - the original black and white version with Natalie Wood and Maureen O'Hara.  What else can you say?  This is such a wonderful movie about the spirit of Santa Claus and the "BELIEVE" philosophy. 

4.  How the Grinch Stole Christmas - the cartoon version.  This reminds me of my childhood also.  I remember I used to cry when the Grinch would whip the dog on the sled, it made me so sad!!  It's just a classic Christmas movie.

5.  Elf.  Will Ferrell is so hilarious and the whole movie just makes me laugh. But the end gets to me when they need all the power of the "believers" to help Santa get is sleigh up and flying.  It's really cute.

casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall