Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Class and style don't cost money!


Recently, some readers have emailed and asked me about building a professional wardrobe from scratch.  Some have been college students and recent grads, while others have been former stay-at-home mom's heading back into the professional world.  This week I'm going to focus on how to build a professional wardrobe without breaking the bank!  Let's face it, most of can't afford to buy an entire professional wardrobe in one shopping spree.  It's something that we have to build upon.

I have to admit that, in the grand scheme of things, I probably spend too much money on clothes.  It's all relative, I know, but I'm sure I would be found guilty if charged.  No, I don't buy $300 bags or $200 shorts but I spend my fair share.  I'm just a regular, middle class girl trying to look polished and professional at work.  I bargain shop, look for sales, and hit TJ Maxx regularly.  I have always loved clothes, shoes and jewelry and getting dressed-up.  That's just me, but I don't think someone needs to spend a fortune on clothes to have class or looked polished.  In fact, I enjoy the challenge of trying to put something really great together on a tight budget.  I think it takes more creativity and vision.

So, I'm not any kind of fashion expert or style icon but I do believe that how you dress and present yourself at work and in other social and professional situations has a big impact on your success and how people perceive you.  That's why I think your style and image are important to manage.  My style may be different from yours but I hope you can get some ideas.  Also, I believe we all need to be dressing for our own body type and NOT what is currently trending.  But there are some definite rules and timeless expectations for professional dress and I hope you can learn more about those by reading my blog and exploring professional dress and your own personal style.

Tomorrow I'll get started with a post on "Developing a Style Mission Statement".  Developing your style mission statement is the first step and will help guide what you purchase and wear.  Stay tuned...


casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall