Friday, May 3, 2013

Fashion Friday: WHITE OUT in the Summer

There are hundreds of reasons why I love summer, but one of the many is that I get to wear white pants, shorts and skirts.  White is my favorite neutral - you can put almost anything with white bottoms.  Sadly, it's May 3 and I haven't worn white pants once yet!  That's because the weather has been so cloudy and cool that it hasn't even felt like Spring to me yet.  I'm on the hunt for a new pair of white pants which is what inspired by Fashion Friday post today.  And even though I already have four pairs of white shorts, I'm on the lookout for another pair.  I just love the way white reflects the sunshine and makes your sun-kissed skin glow!

Here's how I wear white in the summer:
I realize now that I really like to pair white with a bold, solid color so maybe I should look at some prints to match up with my white bottoms.  I think I like the sharp contrast between the white and the bright color.  White, after all, is actually the reflection of all colors (if you look at color as light). This is a lesson I learned from my 6th grade science class.  (Check out color theory here if you want to know more - like black is actually the absence of color in light.)

I would not wear the shorts to work, obviously, but I would wear the white shorts and black shirt for a night out and I would wear the lace shorts and sandals anywhere this summer.  I love the tie in the back of the blue shirt.   I am crazy about the white lace shorts, but I can't find any that I actually like or can afford.  I may be too old for them, I haven't decided yet.  I'm still looking though...

I love to wear sandals, wedges and peep toes shoes so summer is my favorite shoe season also.  I really like the shoes that wrap around the ankles this season.  Those are fun to wear with skirts and shorts.  I also love sling back shoes which I wear the most in the warmer weather.

Here are some white pants I've found that I like:
From Expess:


I love these white shorts from Victoria's Secret:

Is white a "go to" staple for you in the summer?


casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall