Monday, March 18, 2013

Southern Charm: Always be ready with a toast


I pinned this from Southern Living Pinterest board today.  I loved it for many reasons.  I'm sort of known as the "toaster" in my group of friends.  Most of the time it's just a silly rhyme but it's a fun and memorable way to honor the moment.  My dad was great at giving toasts, he could make you laugh, cry and even think.  He was definitely a very "charming" man and could capture the moment and the audience in just the right way.  I could only dream of being that good one day.  My brother inherited that gene.  A great toast is a mark of your wit, charisma, charm and ability to influence people.  The ability to deliver an impromptu (or planned) speech that connects with the people in the room and makes a person, people, or an occassion feel special is a gift but I would also argue that it is a skill and talent that can be practiced and perfected.  Communicating effectively, taking command of a room and showing respect are the types of talents and skills that impact your success in career and life.  They also give you that undeniable and sought after "southern charm" that, in my opinion, is the sign of true lady and gentleman.


casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall