Friday, November 16, 2012

Fashion Friday: Thanksgiving Day Style

I LOVE THANKSGIVING!!  In all honesty, it is probably my favorite holiday.  Of course, don't get me wrong, I love Christmas as well.  I loved Christmas as a child and now I love experiencing Christmas through the eyes of my children but as a parent Christmas can be a little stressful to say the least.  I used to love to wrap Christmas presents in matching paper and bows and set them out under the perfectly decorated tree.  Now, I dread the hours it takes to wrap presents, I let my kids decorate the tree however they want (which I actually love), and don't put the presents out until Christmas Eve so my kids won't have as much time to analyze each present and do the "Even Steven" count. 

I love Thanksgiving because it is all about food, family and friends, and football.  No worries about wrapping gifts or massive holiday decorating just getting together with the special people in your life and having a fabulous meal.  Thanksgiving Dinner has always been one of my most favorite meals.  I love the way it makes the house smell and I love all the leftovers.  Growing up my mom would fix the most amazing dinner and set our dining room table with the china, table cloth and cloth napkins, candles and a beautiful autumn centerpiece.  We were not allowed to come to the table in sweats, hats or pjs (jeans was even pushing it back in the day) so I always had to give some thought to what I was going to wear to Thanksgiving Dinner.

This week's Fashion Friday post is about Thanksgiving Dinner style.  Christina and I both put together an outfit we would like to wear to Thanksgiving Dinner this year.  Here is what we came up with:

Check out Js Everyday Fashion post from yesterday.  She has some great outfit ideas for Thanksgiving Dinner.

What is your family tradition for Thanksgiving Dinner style?
casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall