Friday, February 22, 2013

Fashion Friday: Mint Chocolate Chip

Today's Fashion Friday post is inspired by the mint green trend and my favorite ice-cream flavor - mint chocolate chip.  When I was a little girl my grandfather who lived in Summerville, SC used to send my mom a weekly letter.  That letter usually contained little stickers and stuff he found for me and my sibilings and many times he sent "ice-cream cash".  He would tell my mom to take us to Baskin-Robbins for ice-cream - his treat.  I loved it!!  My dad had one rule though, we could NOT get vanilla or chocolate ice-cream.  He wanted us to try something different.  That rule started my life-long affair with mint chocolate chip ice-cream from Baskin-Robbins.  I fell madly in love with it!  I still love it to this day (it HAS to be Baskin-Robbins) but sadly we don't have a Baskin-Robbins in Blacksburg anymore!  But whenever I spot one out of town I always stop and have my favorite:  A double scoop of chocolate chip and mint chocolate chip in a sugar cone with the mint chocolate chip on the bottom!!!  (If you don't know me very well, sometimes I can be a little like Sally from the movie "When Harry Met Sally" when I order food).

Here are examples of all the lovely mint green I have spotted on Pinterest and all around the internet recently.



I also found these:
Mint Pumps
Mint Sandals
Mint Bikini
Mint Clutch
If you live in Blacksburg, check out the window display in Mad Dog on Main Street.  I spotted a great mint green and black color block blouse paired with a black pencil skirt on my way in to work just this morning.  I have seen a lot of mint green jeans and I hope to see some mint green shorts soon.

Mint is a classic spring color, but I think it is also a great neutral.  It works well with other neutrals (black, white, brown, cream, tan, grey, navy) but I also think you can pair it with brighter colors as well.  It looks nice with pink, coral, blue, orange, yellow and even purple.

How will you wear mint green this season?

casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall