Friday, March 15, 2013

Fashion Friday: Doctor Rocker

Recently, I received a comment on my Business Casual post from someone who was getting ready to start an internship as a psychologist and researcher.  She was looking for some advice on how she might start to build a working wardrobe and she described her style as "rocker".  I thought she sounded pretty cool!  I made some recommendations on how she might get started that you can read in the comment section of that post.  I suggested that she look at Victoria's Secret and Express for some inspiration.  I think both of these stores have a little more "edgy" look to their business attire.

I decided I would give her a few visuals to consider.  I'm not sure if she is actually a Dr. or PhD candidate but I thought "Doctor Rocker" sounded fun for this post title.  So here are some of my ideas:

Since she mentioned that she was just starting to build a working wardrobe and money would be a consideration I put together a mix and match collection.  I can come up with at least 10-12 different outfits from these pieces.  One pair of black pumps will work with all the different combinations.   The white cropped jacket will work with all three bottoms as well.  The bright blue peplum shirt will work with all three bottoms and the navy blue shirt and teal shirt will work with either the grey pants or grey skirt.  The yellow belt would  also look cute with the grey pants and navy blue blouse.  The animal print skirt is edgy and less conservative but still office appropriate.  The white purse matches all three outfits and compliments the white jacket.

I also found these looks from Victoria's Secret:




I found these ideas at Express:




Business casual doesn't have to be boring and you can add your own touch to it by mixing business pieces with your own favorite items:  jewelry, scarves, shoes and other items from your favorite stores.  That's the key to staying true to your own personal style.  Have fun with it!

How would you do the "rocker" look in the office?



casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall