Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Thanks for reading my blog!


It was just about this time one year ago that I finally decided to just "go for it" and start a blog.  I had been tossing around the idea for about 6 months and then I went to an advising conference session on using a blog to connect with your students.  That session gave me the courage to to give it a try.

It was scary and overwhelming to think about.  So many questions ran through my head:  Would I have time to keep it up?  Would anybody even read it?  Did I care if anyone read it?  Was I opening myself up for criticism on the advice I provide?  How do you even start a blog?  How do I learn HTML?  How do I make it ME?

Many of the answers came to me in the form of my wonderful intern, Christina.  She helped break it all down for me and taught me SO MUCH along the way.  I took the leap but she certainly helped me "build my wings on the way down".  I am now in the beginning stages of learning how to use Photoshop, I purchased my first DSLR camera, I know how to set up and make changes in my blog layout, and I've learned some great new design tricks.

I launched my blog six months ago and as of today I have had 55,090 hits!  That makes me excited.  I wanted to say "thank you" to all that have read my blog, taken the time to post or contact me.  Not only to I get to release my "creative energy" but through the past six months I have realized that I am reaching many more people than my students at Virginia Tech.  I'm happy to provide any assistance and advice I can about career development and style inspiration for professionals.

Keep checking back this week, I've been making some changes to my blog design.  Tell me what you think.

Thanks for helping me build my wings!

casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall