Wednesday, April 10, 2013

How to work your wardrobe: 1 dress - 3 ways


Do you ever stand in your closet and think, "I have nothing to wear"?  I do it all the time.  And it is totally ridiculous.  My closet is overflowing!  But when you get up and get dressed for work 5 out of 7 days a week, you start to get bored with your closet.  I am always looking for new and different ways to work the wardrobe I have in my closet.  There are endless possibilities in there but it takes some time, thought and creativity to put some new and different looks together.  Luckily, I love to do that.  (It all started with fashion plates when I was a little girl and now I do it with my own clothes.)

Remember the green peplum dress from The Loft that I bought from my Spring Wish List?  It is a lovely dress with a beautiful pemplum detail but other than that it is a fairly plain, classic dress.  Here it is:


The dress looks pretty plain on it's own so I decided to look for different ways to style this dress to get full wear out of it.  Here  is what I came up with:

  1. Here I paired the dress with a tweed jacket, champagne colored pumps and pearls.  I’m wearing the classic choker pearl necklace and pearl drop earrings.  This looks very “polished and professional”.
  2. Next, I added a white cardigan and hot pink belt with nude patent leather pointy toed pumps.  This time I’m wearing a long strand of fresh water pearls.  The hot pink belt adds a pop of color and defines the waist line.  This is a great business casual look.  I actually wore this on Easter Sunday.
  3. This is how I originally planned to wear the dress.  I bought this polka dot belt with the pink buckle when I got the dress.  I thought it looked so cute together and I knew I could get a lot of use out of the belt.  I added some black open toed heels and a pearl drop necklace.  The higher heels and the cinched waist give the dress a sleek look.  I’d wear this to a summer wedding or to the office.
Here is a closer look at the polka dot belt:


I really love this dress and look forward to wearing it this spring and summer.  I'm sure I can find a few more ways to style it throughout the season.

How would you style this dress?










casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall