Friday, January 18, 2013

Fashion Friday: Business Casual Animal Print

Animal print is a classic trend as far as I'm concerned.  When done right, I absolutely love it.  When done wrong, it scares me. I bought my first pair of zebra print mole hair shoes about 5 or 6 years ago in San Antonio.  I was there for a work conference and I wore them the whole week I was there.  I still love them even today!  They are kitten heel, sling backs and they look great with pants, jeans, skirts and even dressy shorts.  I have always loved sassy shoes and these are so much fun.  These shoes were my first step in working animal print into my wardrobe.  I now have several pairs of animal print shoes and I've added more animal  prints in the form of belts, scarves, cardigans and even an animal print pencil skirt.

Today's Fashion Friday post is all about how to make animal prints polished, professional and work appropriate.



Example #1:  a fun leopard print scarf paired with some classic patent leather peep toe shoes
Example #2:  a classy zebra skinny belt with pops of color in the teal shoes and coral necklace
Example #3:  a pair of leopard print heels paired with classic jewelry and a red belt for color


If you are considering adding animal print to your business casual wardrobe, here are a few tips:

1.  In the office, a little animal print goes a long way.  Consider wearing your animal prints in the form of accessories like scarves, belts, shoes, glasses and bags.

2.  Pair your animal prints with classic cuts and neutral or solid colors.  Since most animal prints are also neutral, consider adding some pops of color with accessories and jewelry.

3.  Don't mix animal print patterns.  SCARY!

4.  If you're unsure if you can pull it off, start incorporating animal prints into your wardrobe slowly.  Start with a scarf hanging off your purse or bag.  Once your comfortable with the animal print accessories, consider coming on stronger with an animal print skirt or top.  Be sure to pair them with classic neutrals.

5.  Don't wear your animal print too tight, you may risk looking cheap.  Again, SCARY!

Today in the office I spotted some great animal prints done right.  See my co-worker Katie and her animal print belt:


And these fun zebra print rain boots:

(Always a good idea to keep some rain boots in the office in Blacksburg)

If you scroll through my Fashion Friday posts you will see that I love animal prints.  I put outfits together with animal print heels, flats, trench coats, belts, and clutches.  I think it's both classy and fun.

How do you wear animal prints in the office?


casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall