Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Great Furniture Finds

I have spent the last three months planning a renovation of the Kappa Delta house on campus.  I have spent the last three weeks executing that plan and working very hard to get the house completed before the sisters returned to campus for Spirit Week and Formal Recruitment.  This involved many sleepless nights and worry over whether or not it would all come together.  It was an ambitious renovation, to say the least.  We installed new flooring, wallpaper, and window treatments in the foyer and purchased new furnishings for the foyer and small TV/ study room.  I had to deal with fire doors and codes, angry wallpaper installers, and layers of University bureaucracy to get it done.  Not to mention the University was closed for almost 10 days during this whole process.  Renovating your own home is one thing but having to work  There are so many details and logistics that go into a renovation and if you know me then you know I am not really good at logistics!  I tend to be more of the creative and big picture type.

The creative part was LOTS of fun for me.  It was so nice to spend someone else's money for a change!  We were on a pretty tight budget so I had to do a lot of bargain shopping to make my vision a reality.  During this process I discovered a couple of great design sources. 

The first is Overstock.com.  I ordered a loveseat and buffet from here.  I found great prices and the delivery fee is only $2.95 on any purchase.  It's amazing.  Here's what I found:

My husband had to put together the buffet, but it looks really great in the house with the new floors.  The loveseat came fully assembled.

The other great find was Joss & Main.  This website hosts various boutiques that are only open for a limited time.  Most of the items come in at great prices.  But, you have to be willing to commit to what you want quickly because they run out of items quickly and the boutiques only stay open for a couple of days.

I also discovered West Elm.  This is a great place to find Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma items, as well as others.

Of course, I did a lot of shopping and Pier 1 and TJ Maxx and found some great deals. When you live in a small town your options are limited.  I don't usually feel comfortable buying furniture on-line when I haven't seen it first, but I had to get over that fear to find the pieces that I wanted.  I purchased throw pillows for the foyer, chapter room and TV room from Pier 1 and Target.  I'll post pictures once recruitment is finished and the house is put back together.  I'm just waiting on some rugs and trying to find the perfect study table and then the project will be complete!

Are you an on-line shopper for furniture?  If so, where do you shop?



casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall casual suits for men,casual suit,mens casual suits,casual suit jackets,casual suit jacket,mens casual linen suits,casual mens suits,casual shoes, casual shoe, casual big and tall, big and tall